“The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”
It’s not often we get the opportunity to redesign a key system of support for teaching and learning in Round Rock ISD. The Aligned Round Rock Curriculum (ARRC) has lived in the classic version of Google Sites for several years and the curriculum team learned late this past spring that Google is shutting down the classic version of sites sometime in 2018. So, we are forced to take action – and that’s a good thing.
Throughout this redesign project, the Teaching & Learning team will be working in total transparency and sharing updates routinely through our blog. If you would like those updates delivered straight to your inbox, be sure to sign up for our newsletter.
So here’s where we are:
- The redesign project team is utilizing multiple Human Centered Design protocols to facilitate the work and ensure we are designing a solution through the lens of our teachers and campus leaders. Learn more about Human Centered Design by clicking the picture below.
- Focus groups covering a wide variety of teachers, instructional coaches, and administrators are also taking place during the month of October. We will sit and talk with roughly 300 people.
Here’s where we are going:
- Starting in November, our team will take all the feedback and start developing the ideas and trends into prototypes of solutions.
- In early spring we will start testing out chosen solutions with select groups and making adjustments based on feedback.
- The new version of the ARRC will be published and live by summer 2018.
- Communication and training will be available throughout the summer prior to the start of the 2018-19 school year.
Please keep in mind that the TEKS, Units, Lessons & Learning Experiences, and DCAs, are not changing. But, the look and feel of that way you interact with that content will be redesigned. We are excited about taking on this work and encourage you to share your thoughts in the survey. Expect your next update in early November!