Proclamation 2019 kicked off earlier this week with teams from around Round Rock ISD coming together to work on an Instructional Materials Adoption which will influence teaching and learning in our district for years to come. The subject areas up for adoption in 2019 are:
- English Language Arts and Reading, K-8
- Spanish Language Arts and Reading, K-6
- Handwriting K-5 (English & Spanish)
- Spelling, 1-6 (English & Spanish)
- Personal Financial Literacy
This major project involves multiple stakeholder teams from throughout Round Rock ISD and as we kick it off we want to take a moment and provide clarity around the decision-making process.
Here’s a quick breakdown of how four teams take us through the process:
- The Instructional Materials Planning Committee, which includes members of Library Services, Instructional Resources, Curriculum, and Instructional Technology departments, coordinate timelines, recruit volunteers for other committees and communicate with potential vendors. This committee also goes to early-stage vetting to ensure potential products align with district visions and meet technology standards
- The Instructional Materials Selection Committee, which includes classroom teachers and campus leaders will spend September through February diving deep into the various instructional materials available and finally makes a recommendation to the Instructional Materials Allotment Oversight Committee. This recommendation will be made in early February.
- The Instructional Materials Allotment Oversite Committee, which includes principals and central office leaders, reviews the recommendations made by the Instructional Materials Selection Committee. After that review, the Instructional Materials Allotment Oversite Committee makes the final recommendation to the Round Rock ISD Board of Trustees. This final recommendation to the school board will be made in early March 2019.
- The Round Rock ISD Board of Trustees then reviews the final recommendation and has the final decision if the instructional materials recommended will become the adopted resources. This will be discussed and potentially adopted at the March or April 2019 Board Meeting.
We will post updates along the way as teams meet and recommendations are made. Also, if you want to take part in the process there will be a publisher showcase on January 15th, 2019 at Cedar Valley Middle School where all RRISD staff is invited to come and give feedback to the selection committee. More info to come.