Supporting, Teaching, And Reaching Students
- Only 30 minutes a week during the school year
- Free training and certification
- Coach, share and encourage a child
- Mentee is matched to your strengths
- Unlock your own potential
S.T.A.R.S. Supporting, Teaching and Reaching Students is a school-based program for students who would benefit from the positive influence a mentor can bring to their life.
Mentoring a child is a way for community members and businesses to volunteer. When you volunteer as a mentor you not only discover new things about yourself but you provide a friendship to a child who needs and wants the positive influence.
- 53% of students credit mentors with improving their ability to avoid drugs
- 59% of mentored teens get better grades
- Mentoring improves a mentee’s self-esteem
- Mentees want positive social attitudes and relationships