The Round Rock Independent School District Grants Department helps District personnel locate and obtain funds to support school site and district objectives. All projects build upon collaborations among schools and align with district funding priorities. The services of the Grant Development Department focus primarily on local, state and federal grants.
This department supports the grant development process in Round Rock ISD by connecting people who are writing proposals, thus reducing duplication of efforts, and providing assistance and information on grant sources. Educators needing additional resources may wish to read about the process, see how to obtain assistance, and become aware of available sources of funding.
Does the funder only allow one application per year?
Does the grant require matching funds?
Does the foundation require the application come from a 501(c)3?
Do you need the superintendent’s signature?
If you answer YES to any of the questions, STOP and contact the Grants Department
- What are the needs and how do you know this is a need (observation, research, academic performance)?
- Who will benefit?
- What do you want to accomplish, what are your goals?
- Who will be involved?
- What is the cost?
- How will you measure success?
- How does your idea follow your Campus Improvement Plan and the RRISD Strategic Plan?
Completing the Application
- How does the need align with the mission of the organization?
- What is the application asking?
- Read the instructions and then read them again.
- Consider deadlines and work backward
- Be detailed
- Get actual costs
- If a form is not provided, use a spreadsheet (like Google Sheets, or Excel)
- Include everything you will need (for example, will there be shipping costs? )
- Including technology? You must follow the technology guidelines