Special Education Services For Preschool Children
Round Rock ISD offers individualized educational services designed to address the unique needs of students with disabilities. Services may include:
- Speech and Language Services
- APPLE program (Articulation Phonology Preschool Language Experience)
- PEAR program (Preschool Expressive and Receptive Language)
- Community Based Program
- School Based Classroom (Together We Can Inclusion, Functional Communication, Functional Learning,
- Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten inclusion)
- Homebound Services
Pre-School Program for Children with Disabilities (PPCD)
Pre-School Program for Children with Disabilities (PPCD) is a special education service provided for children ages 3-5 who have a need for individual and specially designed instruction.
Children who meet eligibility criteria according to the Texas Education Agency (TEA) in one or more of the following disabilities may receive services:
- Autism (AU)
- Auditory Impairment (AI)
- Deaf Blindness (DB)
- Emotional Disturbance (ED)
- Intellectual Disability (ID)
- Noncategorical Early Childhood (NCEC)
- Orthopedic Impairment (OI)
- Other Health Impairment (OHI)
- Learning Disability (LD)
- Speech Impairment (SI)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Visual Impairment (VI)
PPCD Referral Process:
- Families of children ages 3-5, who reside within district boundaries can initiate a referral anytime during the school year.
- Appointments are scheduled upon completion of required forms and proof of residency is confirmed.
- Following the first appointment (approx. one hour), the assessment team reviews results with family, offering recommendations for next steps.
- If after the next appointment, the child meets eligibility, the assessment team notifies campus of eligibility and provides written report.
- Next, an annual Admission Review and Dismissal (ARD) meeting is held to discuss evaluation/eligibility and determine appropriate services.
- Services begin after online registration is completed and verified by the campus, school begins.
Annual Admission Review and Dismissal (ARD) Meeting
An ARD is a planning meeting where parents, teachers, evaluation staff and administrator review and accept the recommended eligibility determination and establish the child’s Individualized Educational Program (IEP).
An ARD meeting is scheduled within 30 days of the completed written report and held annually (or as needed).
Round Rock ISD Parent Liaisons
Candy Squilla: 512-464-5980
Rosie Beattie: 512-464-5984 (servicio en Espanol)
ECI-PRIDE- Birth to 3 years old
Williamson County: 512-244-8356
ECI-Infant Parent Program- Birth to 3 years old
Travis County: 512 472-3142
Round Rock: 512-255-4536