To advocate advancement of knowledge to improve educational outcomes for families and children with disabilities.
Information is provided to all parents/guardians of special education students through the:
- SEPAC Newsletters – published four times yearly and mailed to more than 3200 families and distributed to over 500 RRISD staff members. This newsletter provides information about what is going on in special education.
- SEPAC Council meetings- Council meetings are held monthly and are open to the public.
- SEPAC Luncheons/ Campus Rep. Meetings- Campus Representatives attend monthly meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of each month throughout the academic year. This is an open meeting to any parent in Round Rock ISD.
- SEPAC Parent Handbook – Many resources have been brought together in the Parent Handbook to help guide parents through the Special Education process in RRISD. These handbooks are made available to parents as their child qualifies for special education services.
- Family Resource Center -Portable N-7– this is located near the RRISD Administration building at 1311 Round Rock Avenue. The district’s Parent Liaisons have offices at this location and maintain a lending library for parents of children with disabilities.
- Current event flyers, resource lists, book reviews, links and more can all be found at the Parent Liaisons’ website.
President – Nimisha Patel – 512-733-0323
Vice President – Anel Coranado
- Sherry Niccolai
- Kellie Johnson
- Cara Lee Billo
- Cherith Watson
- Nina Otchis
- Colleen Flynn
- Ann O’Mahony
Secretary – Gracie Baker
Newsletter – Veronica Karr
Campus Rep Program Chair – vacant
Campus Lead Reps:
- Round Rock – Anel Coronado
- Cedar Ridge – vacant
- Westwood – vacant
- McNeil – Diana Smith
- Stony Point – Sonia Cuero